Learn filmmaking from start to finish! In our hands-on animation camps, students will use a variety of techniques from claymation and pixelation to hand-drawn and cutout animation to create their own movie. Students will collaborate to conceive, write, storyboard, construct sets, shoot, and produce a completed mixed media animated short film using professional grade animation software Dragon frame stop-motion.
All films made during weeklong camps will be shown at New York Int’l Children’s Film Festival in 2016 or 2017, and students will receive an online link to the film in the weeks following the camp to share with family and friends.
To view films made during previous camps, click here
Upcoming Film Camps
- Extended care is available from 3:30-5pm for an additional charge
- Each class will be led by two head teachers from our partner, The Good School, and will consist of 15 students
- Class sizes are limited and expected to sell out
- Students must bring lunch and snacks with them each day
- Camps take place in lower Manhattan in Tribeca and the Financial District
For additional questions or information, please call (212) 349-0330
Full scholarships are available weeklong camps in February, April, and July. Students who qualify based on proof of income are eligible to apply. Preferable documentation is letter from child’s school indicating eligibility for Free and Reduced-Price Lunch. If this is unavailable, paystubs or proof of Medicare, unemployment, or social security benefits may be used instead.