During four weekends in the month of March, the Festival invites families to explore the world without leaving NYC — and over 25,000 parents, children, and filmmakers are treated to the best new films for ages 3-18 at venues throughout NYC. Each year, we scour the globe to present a highly selective slate of the best animation, live action, documentary, and experimental film from over 2,500 international submissions.
Program at a Glance
- 100 new films from around the world, representing 30+ countries in 15+ languages
- Programs for ages 3-18
- 75 film screenings
- 20 feature films
- 6 unique short film programs (our most popular!)
- Premieres, parties, red carpet events
- Interactive Q&As with visiting filmmakers
- Hands-on filmmaking workshops
- Audience voting to determine the Festival Award winners
- Film-Education field trip program for public school students
Since 1997, 35 Festival films have been recognized with Academy Awards® and nominations, and in 2011 New York Int’l Children’s Film Festival became an Oscar®qualifying event. As such, winners of our juried prizes are eligible for Academy consideration in the Best Live Action and Best Animated Short Film categories.
To learn more about the organization, our mission, and additional programming, click here.