Join Our Team
The Operations and Communications Coordinator provides integral support to the execution of all organizational operations. They will manage timelines, create budgets, and ensure that deadlines and deliverables are met for all of NYICFF’s major initiatives. Under the guidance of the Director of Communications, they will help develop all external communications for the annual Festival, year-round events, and promotional initiatives by contributing to content creation for email and social media and strategy.
The Operations and Communications Coordinator also spearheads logistics and bookings for NYICFF’s Kid Flicks touring program and FilmEd Field Trips, and acts as the point of contact for these and other community partners, funders, and stake holders. In addition to these responsibilities, this person in this role will lead administrative operations and office management and assist in event coordination for the Festival and special events. This is a collaborative position that encourages creative input and offers plenty of opportunity to work closely with staff across all departments.
- Oversee and facilitate organization and project timelines, ensuring deadlines are met across departments
- Support development of communications campaigns, including copywriting/editing, partnership outreach, building emails, and other content creation
- Manage NYICFF’s national Kid Flicks tour from program creation to outreach, promotion, booking, print traffic, and partner relationships
- Manage logistics and bookings process for FilmEd Field Trips
Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with partners and stakeholders across departments (funders, promotional and community partners, educators, etc) as point-of-contact/liaison
- Office management and general administrative support
Qualifications & Qualities
- 1-2 years of experience in arts administration, communications, marketing, office management, or other relevant professional experience
- Strong interest in film and passion for kids’ and family media
- Excellent interpersonal skills and eagerness to be in a people-facing position
- Ability to be proactive and provide hands-on support on site in fast-paced event settings
- Proficiency with Google Work suite
- Working knowledge of Wordpress, Salesforce, and other relevant CRM/data management systems a plus
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite, namely Photoshop and InDesign, a plus
- Authentic interest in NYICFF’s work and commitment to learn and knowledgeably promote its mission and programs
- Keen eye for detail, copy editing, and savvy communications skills
- Ability to nimbly manage multiple relationships, deadlines, and projects, especially the calendar-specific demands of an event-based organization
Compensation includes salary in the range of $45,000–$55,000, commensurate with experience, plus a benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.