How To Fest
How To Fest
If you have any questions or can’t find the information you need, you can always email us at email@example.com.
The 2022 Festival is in-person with vaccination and mask requirements (sadly, that means no popcorn). You can read our complete COVID protocol here. We know that not everyone will be about to make it out to the theater, so we've made some significant accommodations that we hope will make our programs as accessible as possible.
- All screenings for ages 5+ will take place in-person
- All screenings for audiences under 5 will be available exclusively online March 4- April 3
- Very limited Festival and all-ages programming will be available online March 16-April 3
Before we dive in, we want you to know that we are here to help you navigate these new logistics as best as we can. So please call, email, or otherwise get in touch. And if you make it to a screening, don't hesitate to introduce yourself or wish us a happy birthday (it is our 25th anniversary, after all.)
Safe viewing for all audiences is our first priority. Here is what we're doing—and what you can do—to help keep everyone healthy.
- Proof of full vaccination is required. Fully vaccinated guests are those who have received their final dose at least two weeks prior and, for guests over 12 who are eligible, a booster.
- Anyone who has had a full course of the vaccination but is unable to get the booster due to recent infection or other medical exemption must provide a note or email from their doctor’s office.
- Anyone with a full course of the vaccination but no booster must present a negative test result from a PCR test taken within 72 hours or a rapid test taken within 6 hours in order to enter the venue.
- In an effort to keep physical congestion to a minimum, we will open theaters 25 minutes prior to showtime. Please plan to arrive early to allow time to confirm proof of vaccination.
- Guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days may not attend in-person screenings.
- Well-fitting masks must be worn over the mouth and nose.
- We will not be offering concessions, and eating inside is not permitted. Masks may be removed in order to drink water and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will be performed in all theater areas before, after, and between screenings.
- The HVAC system performance at SVA Theatre has been upgraded to MERV 13 filtration.
- Children under the age of 5 will only be permitted at the discretion of management.
- Festival staff will not be taking temperatures, obtaining guest information for tracing, or enforcing socially distant seating.
- Ticket exchanges for available screenings will be allowed in the event that attendance is impacted by a positive COVID-19 test result. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more in-depth vaccination and mask requirements, visit nyicff.org/covid-safety.
All requirements are subject to change based on the fluctuating nature of recommended COVID protocols. Please check here before your screening and join our email list to receive important notifications.
This year's Festival is in-person for ages 5+
What does that mean?
In-person screenings will run March 4, 5, 6; March 11, 12, 13; and March 19. We've added Friday screenings this year to get you to as many films as possible, so play hooky, pick the kids up from school and see a short film program on March 4th or 11th!
All screenings will take place at
333 West 23rd Street
Between 8th and 9th Aves
tickets and passes
tickets and passes
Festival tickets and passes will be available:
For MEMBERS* ONLY: February 14, 2022
To the public: February 17, 2022
*members at the 16mm level or above receive 10% off of all tickets and passes
General Event Tickets — $17
Includes most in-person screenings
Special Event Tickets — $20
Includes Opening Night, Closing Night, and Spotlight screenings
All-Access Pass — $475
Includes access to everything, and we mean everything: any in-person screening, all online programs for under-5s, and any virtual programming available beginning March 16.
Tots Pass — $22
Includes on-demand access to one feature and two short film programs for audiences under 5. Screenings can be accessed throughout the duration of the in-person Festival, March 4-19. View the lineup here.
Virtual Passes — $25
Any online programs available beginning March 16 will be accessible with a Festival membership at no additional charge.
Online programs will be available to all Festival members and pass holders beginning March 16. For more information on viewing our virtual programs, click here.
For ticketing policies, please see our FAQ section.
kids under 5
kids under 5
Virtual Programming for kids under 5 will be available exclusively online starting Opening Night, March 4. Make some popcorn, print out the ballots, roll out your own red carpet, take some pictures, and make a special event of watching the shorts and a feature together! And while we can't toss t-shirts to you, we can still take your ballots, so be sure to vote for our award-winners online.
Please note pass is valid in the United States only
How do I watch?
All programs will become available on our streaming site, festival.nyicff.org at midnight on March 16, then it's up to you! Watch them whenever you'd like—day or night, weekday or weekend—
through April 3 now through April 6!
Ok, but really spell it out for me.
Receive a confirmation of your order and receipt via email.
Decide how you want to watch: view online at festival.nyicff.org or find the NYICFF app on your Roku or AppleTV device.
Log in or follow the link in your email to access your movies. Log in to your account at festival.nyicff.org or on the NYICFF app to access all your films in one place.
Ways to Watch (The Tech Stuff)
Download the NYICFF app on Roku or AppleTV (Gen4 and above).
Cast from a computer or Android phone/tablet using the Chrome browser to a Chromecast device.
Airplay from a computer, iPhone, or iPad to an AppleTV (Gen 2 and above) or to any Smart TV bearing the “AirPlay” badge.
Visit our streaming site, festival.nyicff.org
PCs running Windows 7+ Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera.
Internet Explorer is not supported.
Intel-based Macs running macOS 10.12+ Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera.
iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) Use Safari on iOS 11.2 or later. Screen mirroring is not supported, ensure it is turned off in your device settings. Android devices Use Chrome on Android 6.0 or later.
Where do I purchase tickets?
Tickets can be purchased right here on our website at nyicff.org/tickets. Tickets will also be available on site at SVA Theatre during the Festival. Because screenings often sell out, we recommend purchasing in advance.
How can I buy tickets to a sold out screening?
We run a waitlist for every screening at the venue up to two hours prior to the screening. Tickets will be sold to those on the waitlist no sooner than five minutes before the start at the screening.
I can no longer attend a screening. Can I get a refund?
Refunds are only offered in the event that tickets were purchased in error or if the screening is canceled by NYICFF. Click here for our complete refund policy.
Do I need a ticket for a small child?
For the health and safety of our youngest audience members, all programs for viewers under 5 will be available exclusively online. View the lineup here.
Is there reserved seating?
Seats are reserved for members at the Cinemascope level and above. All other seats are filled on a first come, first served basis.
What happens if I am running late?
We do our best to accommodate late-comers, but may release tickets to customers on the waitlist once a screening has started. Please plan to arrive ahead of the scheduled start time.
Do I need to print my tickets?
We are able to scan tickets directly from mobile devices, so there is no need for paper tickets.
I can't find my tickets. What do I do?
If you've misplaced your tickets or cannot find them in your inbox, we will be able to look your purchase at the theater. However, in order to keep seating moving and our lobby clear of crowds, please try to have your tickets ready when you arrive.
Can I bring a group?
Yes! We offer group pricing ($2 off of each ticket) for groups, which will be applied automatically when you add ten or more tickets to your cart (for a single screening). For bookings of 20 tickets or more, please contact email@example.com.
New York International Children’s Film Festival (NYICFF) does not issue refunds under any circumstances, except in the following two cases:
- If a ticket is purchased in error and NYICFF is notified within 90 minutes of purchase.
- If an event is cancelled by NYICFF.
In all other cases, refunds are not offered, online, over the phone, or in person. To notify customer support of an erroneous charge, or if you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 48 hours.