Intern with the Festival
This is a great opportunity to get involved in a major citywide event. Internship is unpaid, but it may be applied towards school credit if arranged with department.
Internship Dates: January 2018 – May 2018
Responsibilities: Internship positions are available in the following areas:
- Programming: Assist in coordinating hospitality for visiting filmmakers, including communicating with guests; preparation of jury materials; organize, track, and record audience ballot responses; assist in creation and tracking of screening media
- Non-Profit Management: Research prospective grant, corporate philanthropy, individual cultivation and other developmental growth opportunities; assist in grant application writing/tracking and planning for annual winter benefit and auction
- Education: Research and cultivate new partnership opportunities with schools, after school programs, community groups, and arts educators; coordinate and manage field trip screenings (Tuesdays and Thursdays availability preferred)
- Operations/Production: Assist with special events; help with the compilation of festival organizational materials; assist with volunteer recruitment and scheduling; help with onsite production needs
- Marketing/PR: Assist in planning and executing marketing and street campaigns; maintain and grow Festival social media channels; assist in composing weekly emails and copy for official Festival communications/collateral
All interns may be asked to assist at field trip or weekend screenings, filmmaking camps, and/or fundraising or other special events. Applicants must be responsible, have excellent communication skills and have a strong interest in film and/or non-profit management. Internship is unpaid, but may be applied towards school credit if arranged with school.
If interested and can commit at least 2 days/week, please submit a cover letter and resume in the form below.