Intern with the Festival
Our internships offer a great opportunity to get involved in a major, citywide film festival. Internship is unpaid, but it may be applied towards school credit if arranged with department.
Interns may be asked to assist at field trip or weekend screenings, filmmaking camps, fundraising, and/or other special events. Applicants must be responsible, have excellent communication skills, and have a strong interest in film and/or non-profit management.
Internship positions are available for Summer 2018 in the following areas:
- Education: Research and cultivate new partnership opportunities with schools, after school programs, community groups, and arts educators; coordinate and manage field trip screenings (Tuesdays and Thursdays availability preferred)
- Marketing/PR: Assist in planning and executing marketing and street campaigns; maintain and grow Festival social media channels; assist in composing weekly emails and copy for official Festival communications/collateral
- Non-Profit Management: Research prospective grant, corporate philanthropy, individual cultivation and other developmental growth opportunities; assist in grant application writing/tracking and planning for annual winter benefit and auction
- Operations/Production: Assist with special events; help with the compilation of festival organizational materials; assist with volunteer recruitment and scheduling; help with onsite production needs
- Programming: Assist in coordinating hospitality for visiting filmmakers, including communicating with guests; preparation of jury materials; organize, track, and record audience ballot responses; assist in creation and tracking of screening media
If interested and able to commit at least 2 days per week, please submit a cover letter and resume in the application form.